This class is intended to make you a highly qualified BikePT professional. This course covers advanced topics. These topics will include frame materials and design, visiting a frame builder, cleat positioning, mountain and Cyclocross considerations, motion analysis use and lab, and advanced problem solving.
This class is scheduled over two days and will provide 16 hours of instructional and lab time.
This is an advanced level course.
- Successful completion of BikePT Silver class
- Use of the spin bike
- Introduction to frame material and design
- Instruction with the use of size cycle resources
- Visitation to bicycle frame builder
- Cleat/foot/pedal interface
- Introduction to the Cyclocross athlete
- Cyclocross retro fit lab
- Introduction to the Mountain bike athlete
- Mountain bike retrofit lab
- Introduction to the use of motion analysis
- Motion analysis lab
- Advanced decision making processes
- The Gold BikePT will be able to reliably set up a spin bike for their client.
- The Gold BikePT will be able to identify frame design considerations and their ramification to bicyclist experience.
- The Gold BikePT will be able to discuss the frame building process.
- The Gold BikePT will be able to identify key positioning priorities of setting cleat positions on bicycling shoes.
- The Gold BikePT will be able to identify injuries specific to Cyclocross and mountain bike athletes.
- The Gold BikePT will be able to identify equipment specific to Cyclocross and mountain bikes.
- The Gold BikePT will be able position clients for the specific needs of Cyclocross and mountain bike.
- The Gold BikePT will be able discuss appropriate applications of motion analysis to the bike fit process.
- The Gold BikePT will be able to demonstrate expert knowledge with bike and bike fit through adjudicated bike fitting.
- Your name and contact info will be added to our searchable database, so nearby bicyclists can find you for bike fitting.
- Eligible for BikePT classroom continuing education material.
- Access to BikePT member on-line resources.