This course is our foundational level of instruction. The participant will be introduced to the rationale and methods of working with the bicycling client. Specific topics will include introduction to the bicycle, bicycling biomechanics, bicycle injuries and their origins, clinical evaluation of the bicyclist and their equipment, neutral endurance bike fit paradigms and setting up your clinic for the evaluation of the bicyclist.
This class is scheduled over two days and will provide 16 hours of instructional and lab time. The bronze class is a required class for attendance of the BikePT Silver level class.
This is a foundational level course necessary for further BikePT coursework.
- You may bring your bicycle for evaluation, but it is not required at this class.
- Defining the bicyclist
- Bicycle equipment orientation
- Normal bicycle biomechanics
- Bicycle injuries, pain syndromes and injury pathomechanics
- Bicyclist evaluation
- Bicycle retro fit concepts
- Bicyclist evaluation and retrofit lab
- Meaningful exercise
- Office preparation for bicycle work
- The Bronze BikePT will be able to identify bicyclists’ demographics
- The Bronze BikePT will be able to identify bicycle “anatomy”
- The Bronze BikePT will be able indentify the most common bicycle related injuries and pain syndromes
- The Bronze BikePT will be able to describe normal pedaling mechanics
- The Bronze BikePT will be able demonstrate evaluative techniques for the static assessment of a bicyclist
- The Bronze BikePT will be able identify aberrant bicycle biomechanical motions in a bicyclist
- The Bronze BikePT will demonstrate basic retrofit adjustments for the bicyclist based upon “neutral bike fit” data
- The Bronze BikePT will be able to make a basic rehabilitative exercise plan for the injured bicyclist
- The Bronze BikePT will be able to initiate a evaluative bicycle program in their clinic
- After completion of the BikePT Bronze course, you will be qualified to attend the BikePT Silver course.
- Your name and contact info will be added to our searchable database, so nearby bicyclists can find you for bike fitting.
- Access to BikePT member on-line resources.